[xsd-users] compliation error

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 9 14:42:37 EST 2007

Hi Othman,

Othman Fathy <othman.fathy at gmail.com> writes:

> xsd cxx-tree --char-type char smi_switch_confs.xsd
>
> and I am still having the same errors, I am not including any headers from
> the XSD tree except the generated headers.
>
> Do you think that there is a problem on my XSD build that always generate
> wchar_t types.

No, I do not think so. If you look into libxsd/xsd/cxx/tree/exceptions.ixx
you will see that this file is split into two parts, one is for char, the
other one is for wchar_t. These parts are conditionally included or excluded
depending on the define in the generated code. You can check the generated
header files for XSD_CXX_TREE_USE_CHAR.

Which version of XSD are you using? Can you try to compile one of the
examples (e.g., hello in examples/cxx/tree) and let me know if you have
the same problem?