[xsd-users] RE: Serialisation issue.

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) david.r.moss at selex-comm.com
Thu Jan 4 04:44:21 EST 2007

Boris,

> This seems to be a bug in Xerces-C++. I've reported it to their
> bug database:

[Moss, David R]
Thanks for doing that.

> Adding a namespace to derived-user-config.xsd makes the error go
> away. Generally, I wouldn't recommend mixing schemas with
> namespaces and those without since a lot of special cases and
> rules arise.

[Moss, David R]
You're right, mixing namespaces & no namespaces is causing problems (or
at least making things complicated!) so I'll use a namespace for my
derived schema.

However, having done this, the uniqueness constraint still seems to fail
(that is, allows the xml file to load) which, if I understand you
correctly, should not be the case using xsi:type as I'm always dealing
with 'TestUserConfig Number' in the instance document - see attached
files.

> Also because most people follow this guideline,
> such mixing is not very well tested in schema processors.

[Moss, David R]
Surely finding bugs is a good thing! :)

Cheers,
Dave.