[xsd-users] Re: Serialisation issue.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 4 02:39:00 EST 2007

Hi David,

> I thought I'd try again the xsi:type method (see attached files,
> ignoring the commented-out bits from the substitution approach), but I'm
> getting 'error, unknown element Age' messages when loading the xml
> file.... I'm probably suffering from first-day-back stupidity!

This seems to be a bug in Xerces-C++. I've reported it to their
bug database:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-1664

Adding a namespace to derived-user-config.xsd makes the error go
away. Generally, I wouldn't recommend mixing schemas with
namespaces and those without since a lot of special cases and
rules arise. Also because most people follow this guideline,
such mixing is not very well tested in schema processors.