[xsd-users] XSD Parser Slow.

Hari Kalva hari at cse.fau.edu
Tue Feb 20 15:51:48 EST 2007

Hello, I am using the C++/Tree mapping to parse an XML document. The parser
takes almost 8 seconds to parse a simple XML document with 3 elements. The
schema has about 28 elements. The XSD generated code is 280 K for the cxx
file and 130 K for the hxx file. The parser used to take about 3 seconds
when I had about 20 elements. Even 2 seconds for a simple document is very
slow.

I am using XSD 2.3. I was wondering if there is a code generation option
something basic I am missing. Does the structure of the schema affect this?
How elements are referenced? I am new to this list so I am not sure if this
has been discussed before. Thanks in advance.

-hari

--
Hari Kalva, Ph.D.
hari at cse.fau.edu | www.cse.fau.edu/~hari | +1 561 297 0511