[xsd-users] Bug using INF as a default value

Thomas Müller th.mueller at weisang.com
Thu Feb 15 10:53:33 EST 2007

Hi Boris,

> > just found an issue in XSD 2.3.1, when using an INF as a
> default value
>
> Yes, we've added support for INF/-INF and NAN in the
> C++/Parser mapping first to see how well std::numeric_limits
> are supported across compilers. The C++/Tree mapping is going
> to support this in 2.4.0. I can also send you the fix for
> 2.3.1 - it's just a couple of files in libxsd.

This would be great.

> > I did not try 'true' or 'false' for double values, but this
> could also
> > be a - minor - issue.
>
> You mean 'true' and 'false' literals for boolean, right? They
> are supported in 2.3.1.

I already used it for the boolean type. Works fine.

What I meant is: When specifying type xs:double and setting the
default value to 'false' this might also not work. On the other
hand this was based on the C++ point of view (casting bool to
double is fine...) , not on the schema side. I just checked it:
This is no longer a valid schema definition then.
So please forget this...

Thanks for your fast response.

Regards,
Thomas