[xsd-users] Support for redefine

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) david.r.moss at selex-comm.com
Fri Feb 2 05:37:13 EST 2007

Boris,

Are there any plans to support redefine?
Compilation with 2.3.1 outputs: "error: unexpected top-level element:
'redefine'"

I'm looking for a way to extend a type in such a way that the element
name will remain the same, since my code expects an operation to exist
with that name; Services() in the case of the attached files.

Given those files, I'd want to be able to create a derived user type
that can use the extended Services_t.

In the generated code, I guess the issue would be 'hiding' the first
class definition when a redefinition is encountered; the standard states
that the extension would apply to all schema components that make use of
Services_t.

I may be able to do something else using the generated type
customisation approach to insert a function into a services object
hierarchy (in conjunction with substitution groups) which my code would
then use but I think this may cause other issues (I need to investigate
this further!).

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave.