[xsd-users] Attributes

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 5 06:03:17 EST 2007

Hi Charles,

Ruhs, Charles <Charles.Ruhs at scientificgames.com> writes:

> I've implemented a CXX\Parser using the XSD 3.0 version and am trying to
> get attributes to work within this construct. What I need to know is do
> attributes need a different type of Parser Pointers?

No, the C++/Parser mapping treats attributes and elements pretty much
the same.

> Right now I'm using xml_schema::string_pimpl as the parser pointer
> for the two attributes that I have in my xml file. The file is set
> up correctly according to the schema as best I can tell.

I can think of two ways to figure out what's going on. First, you
can try to generate a sample implementation and a test driver for
your schema and, provided it prints the attributes your are
interested in, see what you are doing differently. To generate
the sample implementation that prints the data and the test
driver, use the --generate-print-impl and --generate-test-driver
options.

The second option is for your to send a small example that reproduces
the problem and we will try to figure out what's going on.