[xsd-users] Re: Build Question

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 9 15:27:36 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

In the future please send technical questions like this to the
xsd-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.
This way a) other developers who may have experienced a similar
problem can provide you with a solution b) questions and answers
will be archived and available to others with similar problems.

Surwilo, Richard <richard.surwilo at eds.com> writes:

> I am trying to build the hello example on a Sun box running Solaris 2.8.
> I am getting the following linker errors:

> __1cG__CrunKpure_error6F_v_
> ../../../../../xerces/lib/libxerces-c.so
> xercesc_2_7::XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize(char const*, char const*,
> xercesc_2_7::PanicHandler*, xercesc_2_7::MemoryManager*, bool)hello.o
> xercesc_2_7::InputSource::setEncoding(unsigned short const*)hello.o
> __1cG__CrunIex_alloc6FI_pv_
> ../../../../../xerces/lib/libxerces-c.so
> xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgXercesSchema      hello.o
> __1cG__CrunIex_throw6Fpvpkn0AQstatic_type_info_pF1_v_v_
> ../../../../../xerces/lib/libxerces-c.so
> xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgDOMDatatypeNormalization      hello.o
> xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(unsigned short**)hello.o
> xercesc_2_7::XMLString::release(char**)hello.o
> typeinfo for xercesc_2_7::BinInputStreamhello.o
>
> Can you tell from these function names what lib I might be missing? I
> added a search path for xerces to the supplied makefile. Are there
> additional libraries I might need? Like libcult?

No, you only need the Xerces-C++ library. Those symbols look like they
should be resolved in the C++ runtime library supplied by the compiler.
Are you using Sun CC and if so which version? The mangled names don't
look like they are from GCC. Are you using the same C++ compiler
to build Xerces-C++ and the example? Can you provide the exact command
lines you used to configure Xerces-C++ (i.e., the one starts from
runConfigure) and the one you are using to build the example?

thanks,