[xsd-users] Error with X3D schema

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Nov 17 01:32:25 EST 2006

Hi Eric,

Hasan, Eric <shasan at mitre.org> writes:

> I'm getting the following error when generating c++ code for the X3D
> schema.
>
> $ xsd cxx-tree x3d-3.0.xsd
>
> [...]
>
> xsd:
> /home/boris/work/xsd/libxsd-frontend/xsd-frontend/semantic-graph/elemen
> ts.hxx:394: XSDFrontend::SemanticGraph::Names&
> XSDFrontend::SemanticGraph::Nameable::named_(): Assertion `named ()'
> failed.
> Aborted

This is a bug in XSD. We will try to fix it before 2.3.1 is out. The
workaround is to use the --morph-anonymous option:

$ xsd cxx-tree --morph-anonymous x3d-3.0.xsd

You will probably need to use it (along with the --root-element X3D option)
anyway since without it the generated code will be too bloated. Thanks for
reporting this!