[xsd-users] automating xsd build from source

Harish Prasad harish_tak at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 17:23:31 EST 2006

Hi All,

     I downloaded XSD and it's prerequisites packages on my Linux machine and followed the build document for Unix provided on codesynthesis website.

Does anybody have automated way of doing entire xsd build including installation of prerequisites packages ?

Installation of  libcult, libfrontend etc. are interactive, it asks for lots of questions like below.

Please select the C++ compiler you would like to use:
(1) GNU C++ (g++)
(2) Intel C++ (icc)
[1]: 1

Would you like the C++ compiler to optimize generated code?
[y]: n

Would you like the C++ compiler to generate debug information?
[y]: n

Please enter any extra C++ preprocessor options.
[]:

Please enter any extra C++ compiler options.
[]:

Please enter any extra C++ linker options.
[]:

Please enter any extra C++ libraries.
[]:

Would you like to build a multi-threaded version of 'libcult'?
[y]: n

Would you like to build the network subsystem of 'libcult'?
[y]: n

Would you like to build the data representation subsystem of 'libcult'?
[y]: n

Please select the default library type:
(1) archive
(2) shared object
[2]: 2

Please enter the g++ binary you would like to use, for example 'g++-3.4',
'/usr/local/bin/g++' or 'distcc g++'.

Appreciate your expert comments.

Regards,
Harish