[xsd-users] Partial update of in-memory structures & network transfer.

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) david.r.moss at selex-comm.com
Wed May 24 12:01:39 EDT 2006

Boris,

> Would you like a pre-release binary?
Yes, that would be great.

> Maybe we should think about a mechanism that would allow generic
> navigation/modification of the tree (higher-level than DOM but
lower-lever
> than static typing).
Priorities have shifted a bit here so my thoughts on this maybe a bit
intermittent! I was thinking about somehow extracting the schema path of
the fragment (along with ids for sequence resolution) and passing that
to access the area of data to be changed:

car_t master ...;
car_t fragment ...;

database<car_t> db;

db.query( 	master, 		// object to update
		fragment, 		// the 'request'
		fragment.path(), 	// e.g.
<root/car/wheel/pressure/>
		fragment.keys(), 	// collection of xsd:any to
resolve sequences 						e.g.
wheel id.
		"replace" 		// replace, insert, remove.
	   );

Not sure how to indicate the update mode. Not sure about any of it to be
honest!

Cheers,
Dave

Dave Moss