[xsd-users] Using XSD with VxWorks

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 24 04:55:46 EDT 2006

Hi Franklin,

Cheung,  Yeung Franklin <fcheung at kns.com> writes:

> Can the XML-data binding framework work on VxWorks and in a non-.NET
> environment?

XSD generates standard C++ which works on a wide range of platforms[1]
(as opposed to managed C++ that works only on Microsoft .NET platform).

It should be possible to use the generated code and the runtime on
VxWorks though we haven't tried it. It also very much depends on
which version of VxWorks and development tools you are using and
which C++ mapping you want to use (C++/Parser is a lightweight
mapping more suitable for memory-constrained, embedded systems,
compared to C++/Tree which is more suitable for desktop/server
environment, though it too can be used in embedded systems is some
circumstances).

We can also provide you with support for XSD on VxWorks on a commercial
basis. Please let me know if you are interested.

[1] http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/platforms.xhtml