[xsd-users] Serialization to XML

Ricky H Linh Ricky_H_Linh at RAYTHEON.COM
Wed May 3 15:44:59 EDT 2006

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the quick respond.
The data I am streaming in is not in XML format.  Only the processed data
that will output in XML.
If you don't mind, I would like to see an example of the work around.

As for the AIX, I did not have the platform to try the generated code on
yet.  Our admin still try to
put thing together.

Thanks again,
-ricky

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>
05/03/2006 12:01 PM

Ricky H Linh <Ricky_H_Linh at raytheon.com>
cc
xsd-users <xsd-users at codesynthesis.com>
Subject
Re: [xsd-users] Serialization to XML

Hi Ricky,

Ricky H Linh <Ricky_H_Linh at raytheon.com> writes:

> I am looking for an example of how to use Serialization to XML. I am
> working with a large data which can't all fit in memory.
> ie:  I am streaming in data from a file, processing the data and want to
> write the processed data out  into xml.
>
>  Is the data have to be all in memory before I can Serialize to file?

Hm, serialization is only supported in the C++/Tree mapping at the
moment and it does require the whole document to be in memory before
serialization can start. BTW, are you using the C++/Parser to read
in the input data or is it not XML?

One way to work around this would be to serialize a portion of
processed data into an in-memory buffer and then append it to the
output file. Let me know if you would like an example on how to
do this.

P.S. Just curious: did you have a chance to try the generated
     code on AIX with XL C++?
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Ricky H Linh/US/Raytheon]