[xsd-users] xsd binary build for AIX 5.3

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 27 08:47:09 EST 2006

Hi Ricky and Michael,

Ricky H Linh <Ricky_H_Linh at raytheon.com> writes:

> I am new to the xsd tool and would like to know if anyone has ported this
> tool to run on AIX 5.3 yet?

I am not aware of anybody using xsd on AIX but it should be
straightforward to build the compiler on AIX using g++. Making the
runtime library and generated code compile with IBM C++ compiler
could be more complicated depending on how well it conforms to the
standard. If I were you, I would first try to compile your schemas
on some other OS, say GNU/Linux or Windows, then copy the generated
code along with the runtime library (libxsd, which contains only
headers so you don't need to build it) to an AIX box, and try to
compile everything with your C++ compiler. You can try this on
examples that come with xsd. You will also need to build Xerces-C++
for AIX.

I could do it for you but I don't have access to an AIX box. I can
provide you with further assistance, thought. Just post your findings
on this mailing list.