[xsd-users] problem in generating Parser template..

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jul 28 08:06:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

Suresh, M (IE10) <Suresh.M at Honeywell.com> writes:

> I am not able to generate parser templates from Schema hello.xsd.
>
> When I run this command xsd cxx-parser hello.xsd under suse linux..it
> gives the following error..
>

> "Can only generate one of classes or datasets."

Our compiler never prints a message like this. I think you have some
other tool with the name 'xsd' in your path. To see which program
gets executed when you type xsd run 'which' in your shell:

$ which xsd

You can also run this command in the shell:

$ xsd --version

With CodeSynthesis XSD it should print something like this:

XML Schema Definition Compiler 2.2.0
Copyright (C) 2005-2006 Code Synthesis Tools CC

You may resolve your issue by specifying the full path to the CodeSynthesis
XSD executable, e.g.,

$ ~/xsd-2.2.0-i686-linux-gnu/bin/xsd cxx-parser hello.xsd