[xsd-users] Evaluating xsd for HP-UX

David.Wood at alltel.com David.Wood at alltel.com
Thu Jan 19 17:14:14 EST 2006

Hi. I am evaluating several tools like xsd to generate C++ code to marshal and unmarshal XML documents. Would like to ask a few basic questions:

The web site states that xsd generates platform-independent C++ code.  To what standard does the generated code comply (ANSI ...)?

Since the generated code is platform-independent, I assume that I can generate the code on a Windows and Solaris OS, but actually compile and link the code on an HP-UX.  Is this assumption correct?

Is there anyone on this list that is using xsd generated code on an HP-UX 11 server and compiled with the aCC compiler, and runs in same HP-UX 11 environment as part of a production application? (I would be interested in speaking with you, if you would be so kind.)

Would like to get an HP-UX 11 binary.

Thank you in advance for you constructive responses.

- Wood

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.