[xsd-users] Custom XSD type to C++ type mapping / performance

eb.brain at gmx.net eb.brain at gmx.net
Thu Feb 16 08:15:27 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have some experience with XML binding tools (JAXB / LEIF), but now I've
found "xsd c++/tree" and I want to try it out.

Event after reading the docs and the postings, I still have some questions:

- does "xsd" provide a way to customize the type mappings?
  (for example: map the XMLSchema type "xsd:dateTime" to the C++ type
"boost::posix_time::ptime" - or event any custom C++ - class)

- does "xsd" generate a perfect parser or just a wrapper arround a general
XML parser (Xerces)? What about the runtime performance?

Thanks & best regards,

eb