[xsd-users] suggestions

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Sep 13 05:08:29 EDT 2005

Frederic,

badia <badia at mesiog.obspm.fr> writes:

> First, xsd complains a lot about our xsd schemas syntax. Apart from the
> things I mentioned to Boris so far, there is a new one concerning the
> list element, I'm sending an attachment of a schema example which
> contains one.

xsd:list construct is not yet supported by xsd. This feature is of very
limited use (since it can only be used with certain types and uses space
as delimiter) so it has somewhat lower priority on our list. Would that
be possible for you to use sequence instead?

<xsd:complexType name="Tab1DataCol1Type">
  <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="el" type="xsd:int" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

This solution is a bit more verbose in the instance document
"1 2 3") but it is much more flexible.

As of the problem with the anonymous types, we are working on the
morphing backend that will automatically "name" anonymous types.
It will appear in the next release which is due later this week or
early next week.

> Second thing is it would be nice to see xsd generating a makefile and a
> reader for the C++ classes just like xbinder does but I don't really
> know what your schedule is and how much time you would be prepared to
> spend on that ...

I am not quite sure what you mean by "reader". As of the makefiles, we
think this feature will be of a limited use. Most projects have their
own build systems with their own ways of writing makefiles, etc. If all
you need is a temporary makefile just to try things out then it is quite
easy to copy one of the makefiles found in the examples directory and
modify it to your needs.

One makefile-related thing that we do plan to implement is automatic
dependency generation, similar to what gcc -M does.