[xsd-users] could someone provide msvc version xsd solution?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 24 05:39:22 EST 2005

Chang,

Chang Chen <chenchang19760717 at yahoo.com> writes:

> 1) When I use it to compile my one .xsd file, it says:
>
> ice: referenced instance 'http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist#ApplicationResource' is not typed

This a known bug that will be fixed in 1.7.0. If you would like, I can
send you a pre-release which fixes this bug.

> 2)  compile another one .xsd file, it says:
>
> XXXX.xsd:50:55: error: expected 'list' or 'restriction' instead of 'union'

XML Schema union is not yet supported. This email:

http://codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2005-October/000060.html

describes a workaround that you can use for the time being.

> In fact, I can not modify the .xsd file, that's because it is
> published standard,

I don't see a reason why you can create a modified "private" copy of
your schemas for the purpose of code generation. This is discussed in
the message I pointed to above.

> In addition, I think this feature is needed, let user configurate
> xsd to generate class into several files, it is very important for
> large .xsd files.

If your schemas are split into several files and use include or import
to access relevant information from each other, you will have the
same split in the generated files.

Besides that, I don't see any benefits of splitting one schema file
into a multiple header/source files. Can you explain why you think
it is an important feature?