[xsd-users] plans for xsd 1.7.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Nov 22 04:15:10 EST 2005

Good day,

We are planning to make the following user-visible changes in xsd 1.7.0
which is to be released around Dec 5. Your feedback on the proposed
changes/new features is always appreciated.

  cxx-tree

    * Complete user guide for the C++/Tree Mapping. If you would like
      to get access to early drafts of this document, email me off
      list.

    * _clone function will have its arguments default-initialized.

    * Generated code cleanups.

  cxx-parser

    * Properties argument to parsing functions which allows to
      programmatically specify schemas for instance document
      validation.

    * Flags argument to parsing functions. The following flags
      will be supported:

      dont_validate   - do not validate instance documents
      dont_initialize - do not initialize the Xerces-C++ runtime