[xsd-users] error in mapping xsd file to c++ file

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 21 02:18:49 EST 2005

Shweta,

shweta2.s at tcs.com <shweta2.s at tcs.com> writes:

>  when i m giving cxx-tree command to get c++ file i am getting this
>  error: Expected comment or processing instruction

This error message indicates that the schema that you asked xsd
to compile is not a valid XML instance. For example, if I add some
random text after the closing tag of a root element I get:

$ xsd cxx-tree hello.xsd
hello.xsd:23:1: error: Expected comment or processing instruction

I suggest you check the line/column provided in the error message
and see if there is any extraneous text.