[xsd-users] bug in ID/IDREF mechanism ?

Jan paule.hsv at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 07:35:32 EST 2005

Good day,

i encountered an - in my opinion - unkindly xsd behavior related to
the ID/IDREF mechanism.

Ingenuously i tried to set the schema header like this
(i.e. i replaced "codesynthesis.com" with "hsv.de") :

xmlns:xse="http://www.hsv.de/xmlns/xml-schema-extension"
xmlns:lib="http://www.hsv.de/library"
targetNamespace="http://www.hsv.de/library">

xsd generated enjoyable nice code. No errors or warnings were reported.

But the code misses all schema specific
   ::xsd::cxx::tree::idref_temlate< *any_special_type*,char>
declarations, compared to the code generated by xsd with the xsd-examples
header :
xmlns:xse="http://www.codesynthesis.com/xmlns/xml-schema-extension"
xmlns:lib="http://www.codesynthesis.com/library"
targetNamespace="http://www.codesynthesis.com/library">

Summarized:
 The reference mechanism only works with the xsd-examples header.

Is this a bug ? Is this documented everywhere ?
I futilely skimed the mailing-archive for this topic.

Thanks for (xsd and ;) any hints

Paule