[xsd-users] can xsd compiled in cygwin environment?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 20 01:57:18 EST 2005

Chang,

Chang Chen <chenchang19760717 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, I only can find the latest make version is3.80, is it ok?

No, you need 3.81beta3. I put it own for you on my personal page:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/make-3.81beta3.tar.bz2
http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/make-3.81beta3.tar.bz2.sig

> and my bash is 2.05 b , is it ok?

Yes, this should be fine.

Also note that xsd translator uses wide characters (wchar_t). Unfortunately,
the stock libstd++ (Standard C++ Library that comes with g++) that comes with
cygwin/mingw environment is compiled without support for wchar_t. You
can read more about this here:

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/wide%20characters

We use a custom-built linux-to-mingw g++ cross-compiler to build xsd for
windows. I, however, suggest that you first give a try to the stock g++
with STLPort instead of libstdc++. You can get STLPort here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stlport