[xsd-users] Problem using cygwin bash shell

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Aug 25 06:10:52 EDT 2005

Hi Arlo,

Arlo <arlo.borras at dryade.net> writes:

> $ export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cygdrive/c/tmp/xerces-c-2.6.0-i686-windows-vc-7.1-rtti/lib

This is not strictly necessary to run xsd because it is linked statically
to xerces-c++. You will need headers and libs from this archive when you
build your applications using xsd-generated code. Also note that these
xerces-c++ libraries were pre-compiled using VC-7.1, which means it is
of no use to you if you are using g++. Just for your information.

> $ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe --version
>
> XML Schema Definition Compiler 1.1.0

Ok, that means the binary is runable.

> $ xsd-1.1.0-i686-windows/bin/xsd.exe cxx-tree hello.xsd
>
> Arlo at Gaston /cygdrive/c/tmp
>
> $

Can you see hello.hxx and hello.cxx files after you run this command?
If so then everything seems to work ok.

> I think i've forgotten something important (setting PATH or something
> else) for execute this program on my XP-SP2.

Yes, you need to set PATH if you want to run it just as 'xsd'. The README
file in the distribution describes how to do it system-wide (so you can
run it from Cygwin shell, Eclipse, VC IDE, etc.).

Let us know if you run into any other problems,