[odb-users] accessing meta information

Christian Sell christian at gsvitec.com
Sat Sep 27 08:09:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

we are evaluating options for a C++ ORM product. One requirement would be the
availability of meta information about the mapped classes, from which we could
generate a UI. The required information would be stuff along the lines of "what
mapped attributes are there, of what types are they", and "what relationships
exist".

My question would be whether ODB has anything to offer along that path. As I see
it, there are 2 conceivable approaches for obtaining the information, i.e.
during parsing or at runtime. Runtime would rely completely on existant ODB
APIs, and parse time could be achieved by integrating with the ODB parser. What
do you say?

Thanks,
Christian Sell