[odb-users] Using ODB with C++-11

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 06:42:13 EST 2013

Boris,

I took a look at your source code and it appears your using the 'final'
> keyword:
>
> > class class_1 final {
>
> The problem is, the binary ODB package uses an old-ish version of GCC
> (4.5.1 to be precise). While override control was only added in 4.7.

Ah, I see.

> We are planning to upgrade to a newer version at some point, just
> didn't have a chance to do that yet.
>
> In the meantime, the best option for you would be to build the ODB
> compiler from source. Seeing that you are using C++11, you must
> have a fairly recent version of GCC already installed. It only
> makes sense for ODB to also use this version. For details on how
> to build ODB from source, see the INSTALL file that comes with
> the package.

Yes, we are using a 4.7 build we done ourselves for all of our supported
platforms. I'll look at your instructions.

Many thanks for your time.

Cheers
--
So young, and already so unknown -- Pauli

blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.com